Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Spark is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team based (mostly) out of Vancouver Canada.
Who you are
An innovative, organized, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills. You have a keen attention to detail, and are able to work under tight deadlines. You’ll be doing a lot of coding on an automated test suite, learning the intricacies of the real estate industry, and ensuring our products are always working as expected. You’ll be mentoring future QA hires, and working with a team of developers, project managers, and designers.
A day in the life might look like
- Planning, architecting, refactoring, and optimizing our testing strategy for products offered by Spark.
- Testing everything, if our application does it, we need to test it, and do it in an automated way (when possible). That includes the user interface, email deliverability, pdf generation and population, reporting, data exports, and APIs.
- Participating in team check-ins, and product planning & review meetings.
- Reviewing changes to our applications made by our developers and recommending opportunities for improvement/optimization based on requirements, usability, security, and performance.
- Reviewing and reporting bugs, then creating tests to avoid future occurrences.
- Maintaining, then regularly reviewing our test suite to document, propose, and execute refactors to improve functionality, security, and performance.
- Writing internal documentation as new functionality is released, or when new processes are implemented.
- Mentoring and training other QA engineers & new hires to bring them up to speed with our applications and QA processes.
- From time to time, there is a need for out of office hours support for critical bugs, or infrastructure issues. It’s rare, but it can happen!
- Asking questions, lots of questions, it’s a complicated industry with complicated processes!
- Reviewing project planning designs & documentation and contributing to software release plans before development kicks off.
- Identifying key performance indicators (KPIs) for our products to achieve better customer satisfaction (in collaboration with our Product team).
You may be a fit for this role if you have
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a QA engineer.
- Experience writing automated tests to ensure that software always works as designed. Our automated test suite covers the majority of our applications functionality, APIs, and integrations, and is maintained and expanded alongside them.
- You love coding automated tests, vs doing manual testing.
- Ability to work productively in a remote team environment, learn new technologies and overcome obstacles as needed, then share the knowledge.
- Experience testing complex applications with multiple user roles & permissions, and you’re concerned about privacy and security.
- Solid knowledge of and hands-on experience with different browsers, operating systems and devices.
- Experience running a QA team.
- Comfortable working on MacOS, Linux, or other Unix based systems.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working with Katalon. You’ll be working with it everyday!
- Experience with Selenium, Cypress, or other automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with load testing, and penetration testing.
- Experience in Proptech, and previously worked on software for the Real Estate space.
- Competitive salary & vacation policy.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits with a health spending account to extend what you can spend a year on basic and extended items.
- A wellness spending account to reimburse you for things that keep you active. Gym memberships, sports equipment, health related gadgets, etc.
- Option to work from home in combination with utilizing a spacious 5,500 sqft Yaletown office to drop-in or have a permanent desk.
- Join a team of unique, well rounded individuals of various backgrounds, all lending to Spark’s distinguished brand in the Proptech and real estate development industry.